Reflexology is a method for activating the healing powers of the body. It is both old and new. It was used during ancient times by the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Russians and Egyptians to promote good health, and nowadays it offers a natural, holistic way of alleviating ailments caused by our modern lifestyles and promoting overall wellbeing.
This gentle therapy works on the principle that our bodies have flowing through them channels of energy. When these channels are blocked, we feel unwell, in pain or out of balance.
By applying pressure to certain points on the feet, hands or face, each of which corresponds to a different organ or system within the body, the energy can be unblocked and balance restored. In this way problems that reside elsewhere in the body can be healed.
HOW CAN REFLEXOLOGY HELP YOU?
- Reflexology is great for reducing stress and inducing deep relaxation.
- It improves circulation.
- It cleanses the body of toxins and impurities.
- It balances the whole system, the mental and emotional as well as the physical body.
- It revitalises energy.
- As a form of preventative healthcare, it boosts the immune system, reducing the likelihood of illness, winter coughs and colds, flu, back pain, menstrual pain and migraines to name a few.
My reflexology treatments focus specifically on the feet.
WHY THE FEET?
- There are reflex points in the feet that correspond with every organ and gland in the body, which is why they say a lot about your physical and mental wellbeing.
- The feet ground us, literally. They are our contact point with the earth and the energies that flow through it. Working on the feet helps to re-establish our connection with the earth and its energies, stimulating the flow of natural energy through us and within us.
- They are our base, our foundation. The feet are farthest from the heart, where circulation tends to stagnate. People with poor circulation often have tender or swollen hands and feet. It’s good to stimulate blood flow to these extremities.
- Because gravity pulls toxins downwards, inorganic waste such as uric acid and calcium crystals can build up in the bottoms of the feet. Reflexology can break down these deposits.
- Lastly, our feet take a real beating. They bear our weight, are under considerable tension, and we cram them into all sorts of shoe styles that aren’t always best for them. We owe our feet a treat!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE MEET?
At the first appointment we will have a 15-minute consultation where I’ll note down some details about you. I will discuss your particular health concerns with you and establish how reflexology may help you.
During the session, which lasts one hour, you will remain fully clothed and will be invited to relax on a couch while I apply gentle pressure to your feet and work through all the reflex points.
There may be areas of sensitivity on your feet, which may indicate an imbalance in a particular area of the body. I will gently work on these specific areas in order to restore balance and enhance the free flow of energy in your body.
Many clients relax and fall asleep during a reflexology session. Others have reported that they feel a tingling sensation going through their body when I work on specific parts of the feet. Most clients become re-energised straightaway!
Single appointment: £50
Appointment package: £250
Book 6 for the price of 5
Book your free 30 minute call