What is HOMEOPATHY?
Homeopathy is a gentle and effective natural healing system, which stimulates the body’s innate capacity to heal itself and come into a state of vitality and balance.
It treats the whole person, recognising that each person is a unique individual.
Homeopathic remedies are made from plants, minerals and other natural substances and used in a highly diluted form to match the person’s unique symptoms and level of health.
HOW DOES HOMEOPATHY WORK?
- It works on the principle of treating ‘like with like’ – the idea that a substance that causes certain symptoms can also be used to remove those symptoms. For example, coffee may cause insomnia or agitation in a person, and therefore coffee diluted in its homeopathic form may be given as a remedy to assist a person who is experiencing insomnia and agitation.
- The principle of ‘like cures like’ dates back to Hippocrates (460-377 BC) but in its current form has been used worldwide for more than 200 years.
- Homeopathy can be used for both acute and chronic health conditions. It involves taking a person’s full case history to take into account hereditary factors together with their unique mental and emotional, as well as physical, symptoms.
HOW CAN HOMEOPATHY HELP YOU?
Many of the clients I help with homeopathy tend to be women and children, which then often extends to treating the whole family. I assist my clients on many levels, so that while we’re addressing the concerns they’ve approached me for, which may be of a chronic nature in some cases, they simultaneously feel supported, grounded and balanced on a day-to-day basis.
The conditions I assist with vary from anxiety, depression, trauma and long-term autoimmune illnesses to a recently acquired broken bone, flu or infection.
The key point to bear in mind is that homeopathy offers a holistic approach which is person-centred and addresses the root cause. It takes into account the totality of a person’s characteristics and history and not just the health issue that I’m presented with.
Here are some other benefits and points to note about homeopathy:
- It’s very effective in treating many patients who have been unsuccessfully treated by the NHS.
- It can address complex chronic problems or conditions that are difficult to label.
- If you’re taking medication prescribed by your GP or specialist, the homeopathic remedies will support your treatment with the aim of working together to strengthen your body until such time as you’re able to reduce your medication, with your doctor’s consent.
- The remedies and treatment plan will be personalised to you.
- It’s great for people who are ‘on the go’, leading busy, stressful lives, who could benefit from some support.
- The remedies are quick and easy to take for adults and children alike; you can carry them in your handbag, schoolbag or briefcase.
- Homeopathy is recognised by the World Health Organisation as the second largest therapeutic system in use today. It is used by over 200 million people worldwide, including many members of the royal family. Many international sports personalities and celebrities are committed to using homeopathy on a regular basis.
HOW DOES HOMEOPATHY DIFFER FROM MEDICATION PRESCRIBED BY YOUR GP/SPECIALIST?
Homeopathy stimulates what we call the vital force (the energy that animates all living beings), and it is this vital force which then enables the remedy to work.
Homeopathy doesn’t mask the condition or suppress it in any way, nor does it treat the symptoms only. If you were to stop taking the medicine prescribed by your GP, would your symptoms return? If the answer is yes, then the root of the problem is still there. With homeopathy we get to the underlying cause of the condition and what might be stopping you from getting better, known as ‘obstacles to cure’.
Laboratory tests may be useful as a means of finding out more about what’s going on for you. You can opt to have a hair mineral analysis (to assess the body’s mineral deficiencies and toxin levels) or a blood, urine, saliva or stool test, or any combination of these. Most of these tests can be undertaken from the comfort of your own home, and results are available within 1-3 weeks.
Homeopaths treat the whole person, and this process can take some time. After all, in most cases it has taken time for the disease to develop and manifest itself in the body; therefore kick-starting the body’s healing process will take a little time too.
I’m here to support you on
your journey to wellness.
HOMEOPATHY FOR CHILDREN
In recent years I’ve been working extensively with children with special educational needs, and the results have been tangible and life transforming. Parents of these children have reported positive changes ranging from improved confidence, behaviour and speech and greater awareness of their surroundings to improved eating habits and better communication skills.
We now live in such a complex environment that our bodies are having to contend with more health challenges than ever before, through emotional stress, environmental toxins, toxic substances in food, factors inherited at the time of conception and medical interventions at the time of birth or afterwards.
The personalised treatment provided through homeopathy matches and supports each child’s unique challenges – their history, needs and levels of energy and vitality.
When we work together, I’ll look at your history or your child’s history from preconception onwards, the pregnancy, the delivery and any relevant information about the years that followed. This will enable me to find the best way to gently support your child’s body so that his or her inner core can shine through. I’ll then prepare a treatment plan and support you with this wonderful way of working.
Are you ready to gently support your child so their inner core can shine through?
WHAT to EXPECT AT YOUR FIRST ONLINE/FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT?
If you wish to consider homeopathy, I will first ask you to complete and return a questionnaire that analyses how efficiently each system in your body is functioning at the moment. I will then prepare an analysis of your questionnaire ready for our first appointment, which may take upto 1½ hours.
When we speak, I’ll ask you questions about your lifestyle, favourite foods, life experiences, any health conditions your family members may have, the symptoms you’re experiencing right now and any medication you’re on. Of course, it’s entirely up to you how much you tell me, but the more detailed a picture I have of you, the more accurately I will be able to prescribe remedies to help you.
With this information, I will then prepare a personalised treatment plan.
Giving my clients a complete holistic service is important to me as I like my clients to feel supported in different ways. I often complement the homeopathic remedies with essential oils, homeobotanicals or flower essences (extracts from the flowers of plants that are used to address deep emotional issues and mind-body-soul health). I may also give herbs which are created the homeopathic way to support you further.
Single appointment (including remedies): £75
Get Started with Homeopathy Package:
Includes 3 appointments (plus remedies): £200
Family packages also available: Gold/Silver/Bronze
(To suit your family’s personal needs)
Child diagnosed on the autistic spectrum treated by Rebalancing Life – READ HERE
Book your free 30 minute call